Do you already have a BRCGS
certificate or plan to have one? If you do not read this, 100% sure that you will
need to work x2 time more to comply with the BRC Food Global Standards.
BRCGS is regarded as a benchmark for compliance to good practice in food industry standards since 1998; and is a GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) recognized Standard.
9 Checklist for 9 Modules
BRCGS contains 9 modules. For each module tens of documentation, verification, inspection, self-assessment requirements are stipulated. A complete checklist would be around 120 pages – excluding separate documentation requirements for control point monitoring activities and more.
|Free Online Checklists|
BRC has also additional 4 modules which are voluntary:
- Additional Module 10 - GLOBAL G.A.P. Chain of Custody
- Additional Module 11 - Meat Supply Chain Assurance
- Additional Module 12 - Association of European Coeliac Societies (AOECS)
- Additional Module 13 - Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
Requirements for different BRC Food Versions
Quality Management Systems update their requirements depending on new developments in technologies, sector, or changes in global trade. Probably many of them will make amendments after/during the COVID Era.
Each update will make you update your documentation, self-assessment for new requirements etc. which will bring additional workload to your team.
BRCGS Issue 8 added 43 new articles to the standards and more than 40 articles are updated. Getting professional help on these requirements are essential and it is your responsibility.
Use-Case: How to Manage a Complete
BRC Self-Assessment Project
For sure BRCGS certification brings following advantages to your food organization as a globally accepted standard:
- Customer confidence brings new business opportunities
- Becoming an accepted supplier by global retailers, manufacturers, ingredients companies, food service organizations and raw material processors
- Creates competitive advantage vs uncertified competitors,
also seems to bring some extra costs of:
- Increase in workload
- Increase in number of staff
- Increase in documentation and planning requirements
is absolutely fatiguing to provide all requirements with old spreadsheets for
both auditors and auditees.
It is absolutely fatiguing to provide all requirements with old spreadsheets for both auditors and auditees.
Be Inherently Ready and Compliant - Always
Wremia Project Management provides the following benefits:
- All your project docs and your team will be always online, reachable, real-time
- Use BRCGS self-assessment checklists on your mobile, tablets, and PCs.
- Create actions, assign to team members with deadlines
- Track corrective actions, get notified when completed
SECTORAL BEST FIT
Ready to brush up on something new? We've got more to read right this way.